Investing in Precious Metals
As a form of universal currency, precious metals are often touted as a hedge against market instability and inflation. The cost of gold is generally not affected by rising interest rates, either. Investing precious metals like gold, silver, palladium and platinum offers exceptional IRA diversification and potential appreciation. However, these alternative assets are not available in your typical retirement plan. You must use a self-directed account that alternative investments.
Advanta IRA is a preeminent provider of self-directed retirement plan administration. We don’t sell investments or give advice, but we do work with you to establish and administer your self-directed IRA strategy including investing in precious metals. We help individual investors and precious metal experts easily manage the complex requirements and regulations of their self-directed plans.
Precious metals allowed in your IRA
- Gold, silver, platinum, and palladium (in forms and grades as approved by the IRS)
- Stocks in mining companies
- Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)
How to Invest with Your IRA
- As the IRA owner, you choose the dealer you want to work with
- You choose the desired (and IRS approved) quality, grade, price, and form of precious metals
- You’re unable to personally hold the physical assets, so you choose the depository institution for this purpose