Yes, this is permissible but can be a little tricky. IRS rules regarding companies taxed as an S-Corporation are forbidden from having IRAs as owners. Investments into C-Corporations are certainly possible, as are investments into companies taxed as a partnership. However, if you or a disqualified person for your IRA (your spouse, lineal ascendants and descendants) are involved in the management of that private or start-up company, then there could be other prohibitions as well.

For more information on investing in a private or start-up company, please call us.  We also encourage you to consult a financial professional (like an accountant or CPA) or see IRS Code 4975.

Recent Posts
Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Start typing and press Enter to search