Join the Team
MARCH 1, 2018
Business Development Specialist
Our objective is to continue to grow the business through the addition of new clients while maintaining a low attrition of existing clients. This can be achieved through strong customer service for existing and potential prospects, development of new lead sources, and building relationships with professionals (and professional organizations) throughout the community and beyond.
The successful candidate for the Business Development Specialist position will be a self-starting, motivated individual with a background in sales. The successful candidate will be proactive, energetic, and shall conduct themselves in a professional demeanor at all times. The successful candidate will work closely with the Business Development Director and will be responsible for helping to establish new leads and business opportunities.
- Learn and understand basics of company services and be able to communicate these services to potential clients.
- Talk to, and place phone calls to, potential new clients, answering the basic questions the individual may have on opening an account and making investments with their account.
- Develop new referral sources and relationships through warm and cold prospecting calls to targeted individuals and companies.
- Routinely attend various trade shows, networking events, and other such meetings in an effort to develop additional clients and business leads. Such meetings may be held outside of normal business hours and occasionally on weekends as well.
- Collect, enter, compile and sort data on potential business leads.
- Assist in implementing targeted marketing campaigns, update data collected in those campaigns and track results.
- Demonstrate an understanding of essentials of self-directed IRAs, including account types, prohibited transactions, and potential investments.
- Within 3 months of hire, give 10-20 minute high-level overview of company services to potential clients and referral sources.
- Develop email and phone campaigns to set-up seminars, speaking opportunities, and other marketing events.
- Assist in moving potential clients through the account opening process, by assisting them in completing forms, answering questions on potential investments, and involving other marketing/transaction staff to handle more advanced issues that a potential client may have.
SKILLS, BACKGROUND & TALENTS REQUIRED
- 2-3 years of sales experience preferred
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Familiarity with Salesforce a plus
- Must be extremely well organized and detail oriented.
- Must be personable, maintain professional appearance and demeanor in social interactions and networking events.
- Must be comfortable with speaking in front of large groups
- Must be able to communicate in a concise, clear manner both in written and oral form
- Self-starter – can work alone without supervision
- Task driven – will not stop until the work is accomplished
- Excellent at follow up and accomplishing tasks when scheduled
- Quick learner-able to grasp tangible and intangible ideas rapidly – and retain
- Atlanta, GA
- Full Time (salary based on experience)
- Possible bonus structure
- 401(k) eligibility after 6 months
- Paid time off
Thank you for considering employment with Advanta IRA. If you feel that your skills and experience are aligned to the career opportunities posted please e-mail your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the subject line of your email.